Thursday, October 25, 2012

New basket weave

Since I got my new basket weave stamp tool I have been wanting to see what I could do with it. My last post was just a preview. Well here is what I am currently working on (when I find time between my HABS report and reading for classes). I am creating the most elegant western pleasure set I've ever attempted. I want this to dazzle in the show ring. It is really a shame that I couldn't participate in the performance side of the show in two week with what I am creating. I could always take it along and see if they would still let me. Anywho...here are progress pics!

Right after I got done stamping
The next photos are how the set looks currently. This has two days of work put into it. I stamped, carved, and dyed the leather. I then added the decorative metal plates to the edges. It is already impressing me with how far I have come!




Poor Gemstone.....He will once again be the model of choice

And just in case anyone was curious, here is a picture of my collection. This doesn't include a box of Grand Champions I have sitting under my desk or the customs I have in various stages. Nutcracker Prince and Keltic Salierno are the boxes between the white shelving. This also doesn't include any Peter Stones I am waiting on. Enjoy!

Almost all of my Peter Stones

My weanling conga! Cute, right?


3 comments:

  1. Wow, how do you do that lacing on the back of the saddle?
    I LOVE your Windswept ISH and Angry TB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use cross stitching thread and lace it through, this is also how I lace reins. The Windswept ISH is hands down my favorite Peter Stone mold! Mr. Grinch is also a favorite of mine, he's so grumpy!

    ReplyDelete