Sunday, August 26, 2012

Almost finished!

The Grinch bridle is coming along well but I've hit a wall until tomorrow. I am attempting to make laced reins, which is something I haven't done before. When I went to my cross-stitching box I discovered all the browns I had were way too light! So I will be venturing to Hobby Lobby to find something suitable. Pictured below is how the bridle looks so far. I did punch holes in the reins for the floss to go through so it is all prepared. I'm not so keen on adding a second set of reins so I may decide to swap out the bit. I made it so bit swapping would be super easy!
This red brick wall makes a pretty good background, lol







I can't figure out how to do a raise brow band or nose band though. I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point but for now This bridle is looking pretty darn good! I may just have to make a second attempt at an English saddle to match!

No comments:

Post a Comment