Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bridle Update

Mr. Grinch's bridle is almost complete. I decided to make it a dressage type bridle instead of a racing one. I don't have any snaffle bits and I'm tired of using plain o-rings as a substitute. So again I had to work with what I had. So far this is what it looks like:




I am still not sure on the length of the cheek pieces, I believe they are supposed to be inline with his eyes. I had thought that they were the right length until I secured all the buckles so they may need a trim down. This just needs reins and he will be all set. I do have one English saddle that I have made:






This was my first and only attempt at an English saddle. I have more experience making Western saddles. I have made a few racing saddles (they may pop up at a later time). The girth pictured actually goes with one of the racing saddles. This isn't totally horrible for a first attempt, much better I think than my first attempt at a Western saddle. It still needs saddle irons and a few more details. I may attempt a second one when the weather turns cold and I don't feel like going outside. He looks pissy like all he wanted to do was hang out in his pasture all day and then somebody came and tacked him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment