Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Finished Bridle and New Friends

I finished the Grinch bridle today with lacing the reins and switching out the bit. I didn't really feel like making two sets of reins. This was a fun bridle to make and I can't wait to make others like it. I think for next time I will be using already dyed lace though. This lace was hard to dye evenly so a big roll of already dyed stuff is up my alley when I can. Here are the finished pics on Mr. Grinch:



It looks good on Affirmative but a smaller browband would be better for him

 On to my latest project: Monster High dolls. I know, I know it seems rather silly but there is something about these characters that I like. Lagoona Blue is my favorite because she is the daughter of the sea monster. I love the ocean and always have and the fact that she dresses in teal and has an Australian accent was all I needed. I also really love the Cleo De Nile doll because I love Egyptian history. So long story short I've started a new collection. For now it is just these two characters but watching the cartoon the others are starting to grow on me. Don't be surprised to find them popping in and out of my blog!

 For instance the Skull Shores Lagoona fancied a ride on Pepe Le Pepper! I have no idea if she is the correct size but she seems to fit my Stone TBs better than anything else I have on my shelf. She may require a side saddle because her legs just didn't really want to bend to fit into the trail saddle. I'm thinking maybe a sea themed teal side saddle set would be just the kind of challenge I need when winter rolls around.
Yehaw!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment