Saturday, August 18, 2012

Latest Projects

Well the cat wanted to go camping too but we had to leave her home. That didn't stop her from trying to be a stowaway though.


Lily was the HAPPIEST camper! 
Sunset over the Au Sable River
Camping pooped out Moe
Back to work and back to tack making. As I mentioned in my first post I've been dabbling in draft horse tack. My friend Candace got a hold of a Mariah's Boon after Breyerfest 2012 for me and he is the model I used to experiment with. All in all I'd say it was a successful experiment!

This was the first set that I've ever made like this. I had help with Susan Bensema Young's tack guide. A second one soon followed even better than the first. 


I had started to dye some lace before I left and hung it from a light to dry. Not the most sophisticated way to dry but at least out of the way of the cat.

I plan on using to make a nice double bridle for my TB Stone Mr. Grinch. Progress photos will be posted after I make sure the lace is ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment