Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A post before Tawas tomorrow



This was the very first model horse I ever got. A Grand Champion named Foxcroft. I can't remember which birthday or Christmas he was for but it was my Nanny that got him for me. He has since lost his rear leg (which as you can see is supported by a hammer head). He has been well loved and a few years ago I purchased his mare and foal to go with him. At one point I had over a hundred Grand Champions but made the switch to Breyer and Stone after I purchased Keltic Salierno. This is my current collection:


This is my favorite and most expensive model, A Valor painted as the very last Triple Crown winner, Affirmed.
In my studio I also have a really cool display that I dug out of a dumpster in June. I automatically thought it would make a really neat saddle display. I have been thinking that it may need a sprucing up with the color of the horse at the top. I have no idea what color to repaint it though. I thought about making it look like Secretariat but still unsure. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to suggest!

Left: A work in progress
Right: The trail saddle pictured earlier
Left: A neat saddle designed from the Tack Maker's Journal
Right: A fancy saddle I made a few years ago

Two racing saddles I've created from scratch
How cool is that saddle rack?!


No comments:

Post a Comment