Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pack Saddle Set

Since the semester is over my tack books are open. I've started working on a pack saddle set. The first I've ever made! Last night I started with the halter and the tree.

Today I was up early to work on the tree with my fully charged dremel.

Straps were added and the rack was shaded....
After that I moved on to something I've never attempted, a double cinch. This was a pain in the butt for a while but eventually I got it to work. 





The rest is soon to follow with straps and rolls and everything else. I still need to figure out the bags but this set is very fun so far!

3 comments:

  1. Canvas may work for the bags, maybe cut styrofoam into the size you need then sew the canvas to make like a box to put over the styrofoam. Iv never tried this but I think it will work(y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got some tricks up my sleeve for the bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking really great so far. :)

    ReplyDelete