Thursday, January 31, 2013

Crappy weather, good sale

Well between having to restore my computer to the original factory settings and settling into my day shift at work I haven't really found time for my blog. Scent of Pine and my bay design-a-horse made it back with their repairs and someone long awaited showed up today: Sweet Potato Pie



Very happy with her. Jake and I have been getting ready for our show in April and have put together books of our horses with their reference pages. I will be sure to try and post some of the pictures later. Today was the last day of the Stone Bucks sale so Jake and I snagged up 5 horses. I'm pretty sure he managed to pick out a OOAK which is great because he sure does deserve it! I've been working on some English tack but once again come up short with the saddle. I'm starting to think I may just stick with western tack unless I'm making bridles. I just can't get the hang of parts of the english saddle. My next project will be a Canadian mountie set. I have found reference photos of a saddle and it looks like a cross between english and western, something I might be able to accomplish, lol!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD THAT STONE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOAK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Sweet Potato Pie, a run of 10 that was offered in November. She really is amazing and each of the 10 is slightly different in spots.

    ReplyDelete