Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Just can't wait....

Okay so I was going to keep this a secret for as long as possible but I'm just so freaking excited! I just recently got a Rose Affinity resin and have a Williams Valor on the way and both will be painted by Karen Zorn!!! Affinity came in the mail yesterday and this afternoon I took her outside to get some good pictures. This model is absolutely amazing! She even has little bumpies on her muzzle where her whiskers should be!








Valor almost looks like a big piggy next to this slim mare! I will post pictures of Valor when he arrives (hopefully sometime this week). Affinity will be painted to look like this pretty gal:

Rags to Riches in her defeat of Curlin in the Belmont
Now for Valor I gave Karen a choice, pick out of the ten triple crown winners I don't have and she decided to go with:  the only Triple Crown winner to be undefeated, Seattle Slew:

Now this will be the second of the eleven Triple Crown winners I will have. A few years ago I told a friend that I wanted to have a collection of Valors that were all painted by different artists to be portraits of all the Triple Crown winners. The first one I was able to buy was a portrait of Affirmed painted by Lisa Bickford. Funny I got him first since I didn't know a thing about him. But while I worked on paying him off (it took me a whole year!) I read about him in books and online. He had a fascinating rivalry with a horse named Alydar (who I have a book about). These two duked it out for the Triple Crown and Alydar came second in all three races. I have a feeling a portrait of that amazing horse will make it into my collection as well (just not on a Valor).
Here is Affirmative with his first show winnings
I can't wait to keep adding to this collection that will be so full of history. I'm sure it will become the envy of any racing fan! Eventually I would like to have silks made up for each horse and possibly a jockey. They will all be getting a custom halter made with their show names on them just like Affirmative came with. Quite ambitious no?




No comments:

Post a Comment